Suggested tools for SEO beginnersSteve Bradley
If you’re new to SEO (search engine optimisation) and looking for beginner-friendly tools to optimise your website, this article is for you. I have compiled a list of SEO tools that can provide instant value to beginners. It’s important to note that no single SEO tool does everything, and as a beginner, you don’t need many tools.
The tools listed below offer free options and trials, ensuring you don’t spend unnecessary money. They also provide actionable insights to help you improve your SEO efforts.
- Google Search Console: This free web analytics console from Google offers invaluable insights about your site and direct messages from Google regarding your site’s health. Connect it with Google Analytics for comprehensive data. You can find out more information through the Google Search Central hub at https://developers.google.com/search
- Pagespeed Insights: Use Google’s Pagespeed Insights to test your website’s load time and Core Web Vitals. It’s an essential tool for optimizing your site’s performance. Give it a try – Pagespeed Insights.
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider: This web crawler tool analyzes the structure of a website. It’s a great tool for experienced technical SEO professionals and beginners alike. It helps identify technical and user experience issues on a website.
- ProRankTracker: A simple and accurate cloud-based rank checker, ProRankTracker allows you to analyze your rankings on individual keywords. It’s suitable for most needs and offers a free version.
- MOZ: One of my favourite all-in-one SEO toolkits for beginners, MOZ provides site auditing, keyword research, and competitor analysis. It offers a wealth of features to help you optimize your website effectively.
- Answer The Public: A free keyword research tool that helps you understand people’s questions about specific topics. It’s useful for content creation and discovering relevant queries.
- Google Analytics: Still my preferred analytics tool, Google Analytics provides comprehensive data about your website’s performance. API access is crucial to get the most out of it.
- Clicky Web Analytics: A valuable plugin for a quick and easy page or keyword analysis. Clicky offers intuitive features, real-time web stats, and accurate bounce rate calculations. It’s suitable for small businesses and beginners.
- Majestic: For more advanced backlink analysis, Majestic is a go-to tool. It helps identify link-building opportunities, competitor strategies, and industry insights.
Remember to be cautious of ineffective tools or scams. The tools listed here have been reviewed by me personally, and have a solid track record in search engine marketing. Focus on creating rich, relevant content, acquiring reputable links, and enhancing user experience.
These tools will help you save time, gain insights, and improve your website. While some experience is necessary to utilize them to their fullest potential, they are valuable assets in your SEO journey. Always prioritize white-hat SEO practices and avoid black-hat tools.